Saturday, November 19, 2011

41 weeks 6 days. What the hell...42 weeks

I would have never imagined that I would be here. This point of being insanely pregnant. It almost feels like it's never going to happen. Ever really doesn't want to leave. I had an induction set for yesterday (Friday) however the night before I recieved a phone call from my amazing doula that she wasn't well and wouldn't be able to be there for me. I thought I was going to have a panic attack. I immediatly started bawling my eyes out, crying like a little kid who can't catch their breath. It was a very intense feeling that came over me, like this baby was suffocating me. One of my most trusted (because we are very like minded) best friends, Paige, has been an amazing support to me, especially in these last few hard and trying weeks, has basically been "on call" for me to talk with. I called her Thursday night and she was so full of encouragement, reminding me that due dates are a guess, my body knows what to do. Maybe, just maybe it was for a reason that the induction didn't happen. I hung up the phone feeling like ok this is ok, I can do this.
I am not saying that I want to be pregnant for another freaking day, but here I am, it is what it is, my baby is fine and so am I, so what's a few more days (still hoping for hours here!!!). I go in Monday to have some tests done to make sure this little lady is still doing good.
It really can't be much longer now...

I have put all of my energy into focusing on Scout. Sort of my last days with just her and I. We went and bought her some special big sister presents (that really had nothing to do with being a sister at all! Ha!), spending extra time talking, playing, loving, cuddling. Of course all she wants to talk about is her baby sister and kiss my belly a million times. Today we played outside for forever since November decided to give us an amazing 70+ degree weather. Scout just loves "playing in the fall"!

3 comments:

wdn th said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wdn th said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paige @ The Crunchy Mamacita said...

She will be here soon and big sis presents are always a good idea! I love the pics :)