Saturday, April 09, 2011

HELP!!!!!

So sorry I have basically been MIA this week.

I have a SERIOUS case of pregnancy INSOMNIA.

So serious in fact that since tuesday night I have had about 14 hours of sleep....total. I get no daytime naps, it is a very rare day that Scout naps anymore. I am losing my mind. I never had a problem sleeping, ever. Sleep and I were best friends, even when I was pregnant with Scout we were friends. This is so new to me. I feel insane, I feel like I am about to be sick, I need help!!

I have tried tylenol pm and unisom (which is the exact same thing), my midwife told me to drink warm milk but I couldn't do that right now without throwing up, I meditate and do all that shit and nothing is making me stay asleep.

Do ANY of you have any advice???

 I am desperate.

8 comments:

kristance! said...

i was about to suggest tylenol PM, but you've already tried that. perhaps ask your midwife about ambien. i never used it, but my BFF had trouble sleeping with her pregnancy and her doctor prescribed ambien for her. chamomile tea helps with sleeplessness, but i'm not sure if it's pregnancy safe.

Diana Smith said...

Oh my goodness I feel the same way!! I am having a hard time sleeping too!! AND IM ONLY 5 WEEKS!! eeek. I try and take tylenol pm, but it just makes me super drowsy the next day that its not worth it. I have no good advice other than I am up too, so you aren't alone!!

Date Girl said...

aww you poor thing! I have never been pregnant so no advice, just sympathy for you.

have you tried going on walks and getting yourself really tired physically? Maybe that would help?

I wonder if these means you're having a boy since it's so different than Scout. I haven't been to your blog before so maybe you already know?

Found you through Hotpants. Adorable site!

kenzie said...

oh no! i don't have any advice, other than what's been said and what you've already tried. i know, im useless. but i hope you feel better and get some sleep SOON!
ahhhhhh....

Ani said...

First Congratulations!!!! Second I am sorry about the fun moments pregnancy can give you... JK!!! Have you tried listening to calm music and turning off all the lights this always worked for me!!!

hope its helps. i'm your newest follower visit and follow me at http://aadreamsblog.blogspot.com/

xoxo
ani

Rebekah said...

:( So sorry, I'm not getting very much sleep either so my midwife gave me Thorne brand : CAL-MAG CITRATE, its just calcium & magnesium. Its a powder and I just take one scoop w/ a shot of juice about 30min before I go to sleep and I feel like it helps me feel more rested, even though I will get up a few times a night, the sleep that I get is better then when I don't take it. Hope this helps! And hope you get some rest.

Rashel said...

Thank you all for being so sweet!

Rebekah I am so going to buy some of that CAL-MAG CITRATE. I have seen it in our health food store many of times. Thank you so much for mentioning it to me!!!

Rebekah said...

Your welcome :) I'm glad I could help! Hope it works for you!