Friday, April 01, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011




Hi! I am Rashel Saak. Not sack or saki either. Like sake, as in for heaven's sake! Ok now that we are clear on that I can move on. I am rather boring in real life. I am awkward, and shy and have the most dry sense of humor ever. I am not easily amused. I am a cancer, to the max. I speak sailor very well and very often. I have been writing since around age 10, and will admit that I am terrible with grammar and little things like commas. Blogging has been a perfect opportunity for me to stay sane while being a SAHM. I grew up in a super small town here in Oklahoma. So small in fact that we only had one stop sign. I never hung out in that town. I have always been a city girl at heart. I was homeschooled from 5th grade until I graduated (GASP!!!). I packed up the day I turned 18 and started my own adventures. Almost 11 years later I have found myself with a husband (never wanted to get married), a daughter (never wanted kids) and knocked up again (almost 9 weeks!)!!!

This is my daughter Scout Marley Monet. She also goes by scouters, chicken nugget, munch, munchkin, munchie, lil momma, scout a roo, scouts, oh god I will stop right there. She has a ton of nicknames and surprisingly she will respond to ALL of them! She is an outstanding child (hey! I can brag). She asks me all the time if I know where her parascope is because she needs to look at things, WTF?! She is a taurus. Her imagination is crrrrazzzzy. She loves art and music like I have never seen in a toddler, which also equals she is THE MESSIEST kid ever. Not even joking. She is hardheaded and such a little lover all rolled into one. She has been super independant since she started walking and talking around 9 months. It feels like she was never an infant, always a little girl.

(old pic circa 2006) This is my husband Nick or Nicholas. I prefer babe. He is my life saver. He is the kindest, most respectful man I have ever known. He is hilarious and is always making me laugh or a least trying to. He is a capricorn. He teaches martial arts. Kids adore him. He is an amazing daddy and uncle. We met and we never left eachother. Literally, I moved in with him the next day. I don't care what people think about all of that business either. It worked and it has worked well. I have never loved anyone the way that I love Nick. He stole my heart and I am so happy he decided to keep it.


I appreciate all of my new followers and all of this traffic I am getting on my blog. The numbers are pretty amazing right now (for me at least). I would be honored if you decided to stick around and watch/read this life I live. Leave me a comment and tell me where I can find you! I love to write on my blog but I also love to read blogs as well. Like kind of addicted to it. Can't wait to read about YOU!

17 comments:

kristance! said...

what a lovely little life you have! (i found you on a friend of a friend of a friend's blog!) congrats on your new pregnancy! (just had my third child a few weeks ago) looking forward to following your story!

Lindsey Stipes said...

great blog, looking forward to following your blog!! happy blog party!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I was homeschooled 3rd grade-8th--back when it wasn't the in thing to do LOL. Nice to find your blog!

Lindsey said...

Hi! I'm from Oklahoma too... I live in Texas now, but strangely miss OK. I found you through IROCKSOWHAT, but now I see that you are also doing UBP. Nice yo meet ya, and I can't wait to read more of your blog.

Kanesha @it's a full nest said...

Love your "just gonna say what I want" voice in the post. I'll be checking out your blog scene. Happy Friday night out via UBP11!
-Kanesha

Shell said...

I'm a Cancer all the way, too. You have an adorable family!

It's nice to meet you!

Andrea said...

Aw you sound sweet:) As I'm sure you are, Congrats on your pregnancy!! Hope you're feeling good and energetic! (not likely but hey I can wish you well right??) xo

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm visiting from the UBP. Well, I was visiting, but I've decided to stick around. Can't wait to read more...

Lizzy said...

Love it!!! Your blog is fun and cute. Can't wait to read more :D

My blog is www.thedoceafamily.com!

<3

OneMommy said...

LOL, it is funny how life works, isn't it? I never imagined myself giving birth, much less being a SAHM, but now I am a SAHM to 2 beautiful kids (I can brag, too!) Your little girl looks like a cutie! Enjoy your time at the party; it was nice meeting you. I'd love it if you stopped by to say hi http://theresjustonemommy.com

Unknown said...

HI!!! Thanks so much for stopping by our blog! We are new followers! LoVe your post!! :)

The Moms Next Door

TLF said...

Happy UBP, girlfriend!! I hope you have a great week!!
I'm your newest follower! =)

Deborah said...

Yeah, so now you decide to clear up the last name!! :)

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Howdy!

Congrats on the pregnancy!!

I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

Have a very blessed day!! :0)

Daenel T. said...

Hi! I'm popping into your blog from Handbags & Handguns (via UBP11). Your daughter is the cutest and congratulations on the new babe. Have a great weekend.

Joy said...

scout is adorable and you and nick are a gorgeous couple! :)

Christa Cox said...

hey found your blog though paper mama! and i love it! im your newest stalker :) btw... you are GORGEOUS and your daughter is TOO cute!